Written by Adrian Wozniak
Tuesday, 29 September 2009
* Riboflavin, Vitamin B2, is an easily absorbed micronutrient with a key role in maintaining health in humans and animals.
* Males ≥ 19 years: 1.3 mg/day
* Females ≥ 19 years: 1.1 mg/day
What's Riboflavin for?
* Required for the release of energy from carbohydrates, fat, and protein for use in the body
* Involved in iron transport and metabolism
* Plays a role in mucous membrane and skin functions
Best Food sources
* Best source is dairy products
* Also found in whole and enriched grain and cereal products, dark green leafy vegetables, liver, beef, lamb, eggs, and nutritional yeast