Written by Adrian Wozniak
Tuesday, 29 September 2009
* Choline is an organic compound, classified as a water-soluble essential nutrient and usually grouped within the Vitamin B complex.
* Males ≥ 19 years: 550 mg/day
* Females ≥ 19 years: 425 mg/day
What's Choline for?
* Structural component of the phosphatidylcholine, which is essential for the structure of cell membranes
* Involved in the production of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter
* Serves as a precursor for betaine, which may be useful in preventing cardiovascular disease
Best Food sources
* Dairy, eggs, peanuts, soya, liver, cauliflower, iceberg lettuce