Written by Glenn Rosenberg
Sunday, 04 October 2009
This is a difficult topic, as there are advocates for, but also numerous who are against using fluoride.
IntakeWhat's Fluoride for?
* Males ≥ 19 years: 4 mg/day
* Females ≥ 19 years: 3 mg/day
* Plays a role in bone health by contributing to bone mineralization
* Prevents tooth decay and cavities
* Found in most water, soil, plants, and animals
* Particularly good sources are water (not bottled), tea, and seafood
* Also found in toothpaste
24Medica experts do not recommend intake of any amount of Fluoride despite what other websites claim:
* primarily because fluoride has been associated with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
* Fluoride depresses the activity of the human thyroid gland and has
been commonly used as an effective treatment for patients with
overactive thyroids. Fluoride may depress the activity of the healthy
thyroid, as well, resulting in an underactive thyroid, a common cause
Note: Most European Countries have rejected putting Flouride in their
watter supply. The U.S. has a heavily fluoridated water supply system.